Tamiya 1/10 Ford Zakspeed Turbo Capri Gr.5 Würth (TT-02 Chassis) w/ ESC
Item No：58578 - 1/10 Electric R/C Car Kit
*Not the actual RC Car. This one is scarry and fiery. Enjoy!
The Ford Zakspeed Turbo Capri Gr.5 Würth joins the ever growing selection of iconic sports and race cars offered on the easy to assemble TT-02 chassis. The car was the result of the tie-up between the legendary Zakspeed racing team and Ford. It achieved excellent results throughout its racing career, the highlight being in the 1981 season in which it blew away its rivals.
The Ford Zakspeed Turbo Capri Group 5 car featured a 1,427cc four-cylinder DOHC engine matched with a stretched body that was the result of extensive wind-tunnel testing and was far evolved from the original 2-door Capri road version. In the 1981 running of the German Racing Championship (DRM), three years after its initial entry, the car was sponsored by the German auto parts maker Würth and left the rest of the field in its wake as it surged to the Championship.Tamiya has faithfully reproduced this sleek racing machine in 1/10 scale on the TT-02 entry level touring car chassis. The TT-02 chassis platform is the successor to the TT-01 as it incorporates many new features to make it even easier for the new R/C kit builder to assemble and learn from. The TT-02 chassis performs well as cornering and overall speed has been enhanced to take advantage of new electronics available on the market. In addition to the TT-02 being an ideal platform to start from, R/C hobbyists can expand its potential by adding many of the Ho-Up-Options available to increase the cars speed and performance.
- Length: 488mm, Width: 205mm, Height: 124mm, Wheelbase: 251mm
- Tire Width/Diameter: 27/67mm (Front), 33/67mm (Rear)
- Bathtub-type Frame
- Shaft Driven 4WD
- Front/Rear 4-Bevel Resin Differentials
- 3-Piece Steering Tie-Rod
- 4-Wheel Double Wishbone Suspension
- Front/Rear Friction Dampers
- Gear Ratio = 8.27:1 (10 further ratios from 11.38:1 to 7.28:1 possible with use of separately-sold pinion)
- Electronic Speed Controller (ESC): Tamiya TEU-105BK and Type 540 Torque-Tuned Motor
Required Items (Sold Separately)
- R/C Unit: 2-channel R/C system
- Battery: Tamiya 7.2V Racing Pack or equivalent
- 8 x AA Batteries
- Tamiya paint (for the car body)