NEW! Yokomo 1/10 BD8 2018 Touring Car Kit (Carbon Chassis)
Item No: MRTC-BD818 - 1/10 Electric Car Kit (Competition)
This is the Yokomo BD8 2018 1/10 Electric Touring Car Kit. 1/10 touring cars are one of the biggest and most competitive market in the world. Yokomo has been releasing the BD series since 2014 and has achieved the world championship in multiple occasions: in 2014 with the BD7 and 2016 with the BD8. This updated BD8 2018 is a further refinement of the previous model to push the limits further and be extremely competitive.
In order to reduce the weight in the drivetrain, the front spool has been redesigned with updated formulated resin and all the other composite parts were updated to increase the overall performances. The updated special graphite materials has also been used for the suspension parts. The upper deck and main chassis has been redesigned to increase the rigidly and optimize the balance of the car. While the updates may seem minor and conservative they are actually introducing many important improvements in all areas.
The new front spool is now a one-piece system. The housing and the pulley are molded together to reduce the weight and the rotating mass. This gives a direct increase in overall performances, specifically acceleration. The axles are made of polished durable steel for smooth running. There is also an option for alloy cups with plastic blades. This gives the flexibility of using either of the options based on different track conditions.
The front and rear hubs and steering blocks maintain the same geometry of the previous models however the material has been redesigned to increase the strength and rigidity. This improves in general stability and driving precision.
The rear end of the chassis has been updated along with the top deck to improve the rigidity and the overall balance. The main advantage is the increase in rear traction which translates to higher cornering speed.
The battery holder has been redesigned with the tape which is now attached directly on the chassis and wraps around the battery. This is reducing the stress on the chassis and reduced the chances of losing the battery in case of a crash.
40T pulley is standard for the Bd8 2018 model; the large size pulleys introduced last year have improved the overall corner speed, better feel and higher top speed. Specifically for the stock category it is now possible to reduce the bel tension to increase the efficiency and the speed.
The motor mount is the same as the standard PCS version which is included. The optional 2018 PCS will add the option to have the pitching stiffener adjustable.
- Updated Center Aligned Front Belt System, the front belt now runs up the middle of the car which improves the car’s balance as well as smoothness during on-power acceleration.
- 40T Pulley, increase more drive efficiency and optimize the chassis role balance.
- The redesigned plastic pulley integrated front spool
- The redesigned large sized rod end ball & open type rod end
- Capable for installing PCS Rod for more grip and acceleration.
- The redesigned carbon graphite chassis and upper deck
- Bush insert aluminum suspension mount has optimized for ultra LCG architecture
- Active road surface tracing designed motor mount
- Center mounting of heavier weight parts for higher driving performance.
- Aluminum Servo mount is standard bundled
- Front double joint universal is standard bundled
- Composite belt tensioner is standard bundled
- Low center gravity as well as high capacity at SLF short shock II
Requires (not included in the box):
- 2-Channel radio system
- Electronic Speed Control (ESC)
- 540 Motor
- Steering servo
- 7.4V LiPo battery pack
- Compatible battery charger
- Touring car tires
- 190mm touring car body
- Polycarbonate paint for body